Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Home Improvement and Tacos

This week marks our 5 year anniversary of getting the keys to 423 63rd Street. We love our sweet apartment and still think we have about the greatest deal in NYC. We recently repainted the living room for the first time since we moved in - changing from a warm yellow to a calm blue. Also painted the bathroom for the first time, hung shelves, replaced ceiling tiles and recaulked
the tub!





























The longest I have lived in any house was in Germany for 6 years at ages 1-7 years; so 5 years in these five rooms (six including the backyard!) feels like forever! Our house is up for sale and we would love to buy it but still need to figure out if we can manage it (especially before I get a job!). It's so hard to think about moving when you feel like you've settled into every nook and cranny of your home. Also, this move would be an absolute nightmare; our friends that have helped us move three times have basically laughed in our faces when we brought up moving out of here. One of the biggest feats would be the backyard. See, you don't just have dirt in NYC. If you want to grow things you must buy soil or compost it yourself. We've done both, and we have A LOT of soil filling pots and large, heavy planters in the backyard. Soil that I'm simply not willing to leave behind. It's mine. I invested time and money into it and it's coming with us when (if) we go.

In one of our five rooms, we like to make tacos. I took pictures of it one night:



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am glad to see your blog back. It's in my Google Reader so I saw the new post and really enjoyed seeing photos of your apt. I cannot wait to see you in two days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. This is Rebecca D from VOC :)

    ReplyDelete